Jikiden Reiki

Jikiden Reiki is the Reiki from its birth place, Japan.
Nothing is added or amended from its original teaching from Mr. Chujiro Hayashi, one of the 20 students of Mr. Usui, the founder of Reiki.

1 Feb 2011

Candle Making



Bees wax candles.


I love the smell and the positive effect of the bees wax candles.


I use only bees wax candles in my Reiki room during the Reiki sessions and classes.






Because my Reiki room is a small room, and many sick people come for Reiki sessions,
so I do not want to use the petroleum based candle, nor the candles with scent. 







When beeswax candles burn, they clean the air like a great, natural, air purifier.

To burn a beeswax candle is to enter into the wisdom world of the bee, and you enter, too, into a world of benefits from the bee. 
Compare this to breathing toxic fumes from paraffin candles.....
Beeswax candle fuel is the only fuel that actually produces negative ions, which not only helps remove pollution from the air but increases the ratio of negative ions to positive ions, the ideal and necessary scenario for clean air.





Well, I do not need to use any candle, but I like the warmth that 
the candle light give out to the room.




I used to be able to buy bees wax tea light candle for 30cents each.
It was already more expensive than regular petroleum based tea light candle that
I could buy 100pc for $7.00. (7cents each)


But the bees wax price has kept going up.




 I care about my Reiki room environment by reducing as much as chemical as possible, but 90cents per small candle became too much.




But I still wanted to use candle.  




" Hey, can I make candles ??? "


I Googled it.


"Yes, I can make candles myself! "

I got a block of Bees Wax from "Wicks and Wax" in Vancouver. 

Double boiler is the best way to melt the wax, but I use an old rice cooker.



Mean while, tie a fishing weight on the end of a wick string.

Let's have a close look.

I do not know the proper tools to make handmade candles, so I asked 
my husband (he is a plumber) to cover the end of a pipe.  

He used a scrap copper pipe and closed the one end.
Pour the melted wax into a metal pipe.

Dip and dip and dip...

After three dipping.


Cut the weight off after about 7 dipping.

Keep dipping and dipping.


Tada ~~~ !
Hand made dipping candles !  Oh my babies !

I also pour the melted wax into the tea light candle cups.
It is probably laughable for professional candle makers to see
my tea light candles that has cracks and wicks are not straight!!
But, they are my cute babies !!

While I am experimenting candle making, I learned,,,,

 Lighter colour bee's wax is OK for the tea light candles, 
but the dark colour bee's wax does not burn well as tea light candles. 

I also found that the dark colour bees wax needs thicker wicks.





It seems like there are lots to learn about the bees wax candle making!



No comments: