Jikiden Reiki

Jikiden Reiki is the Reiki from its birth place, Japan.
Nothing is added or amended from its original teaching from Mr. Chujiro Hayashi, one of the 20 students of Mr. Usui, the founder of Reiki.

22 Apr 2014

My unpublished and only one book in the world "Just the way you are."


Easter weekend is over, so I was doing a major clean up in my house (while kids
are gone), and I found two books that I made for my children when they were really young !  


My unpublished and the only one book in the world 
"Just the way you are."


My first son was born in 2002 January, and the book was written in 2003, so I must have
wrote it for him when he became old enough to understand the words.


Back then, I didn't have any access to Japanese children book, so I wrote it
in Japanese and in English. It is made of white stock paper, pages were cut
out by scissors and unevenly, that brought a nice and warm "handmade" taste :) . 


My intention back then was to keep writing a small book for my kids, but
I asked my sister to set up a monthly subscription of children book from Japan, 
so I never continued to make another books.  (Maybe I should have !!!)


Here is my little story, Enjoy ! 



Title : "Just the way you are" 


Three fish brothers are living in the river.

They are talking about their future.

The big brother thinks 
"I want to be a strong shark!"

The middle brother thinks,
"I want to be a eagle, so I can fly anywhere I want."

And I think,
"I want to be a turtle, because there is always a home to live." 

"Well, let's try!!"
"Oh, no... Something is wrong..."

"It is the best that Just the way we are !" 

"2003. January 10th" 




I'm not sure if my kids remember this little book, but I am going to show
them when they are back from the school today ! 



No comments: