Jikiden Reiki

Jikiden Reiki is the Reiki from its birth place, Japan.
Nothing is added or amended from its original teaching from Mr. Chujiro Hayashi, one of the 20 students of Mr. Usui, the founder of Reiki.

23 Mar 2013

Hospice series 2 ~ Making connection

Continued from Hospice series 1.  

It was 2007 when I heard about Hospice Society in Chilliwack.

My life was VERY busy just by being a mom with 3 children, they were 1year old boy, 3 years old girl and 5 years old boy. Also I was already giving Reiki treatments daily bases, and teaching Jikiden Reiki classes about bi-monthly. 


It was impossible for me to do any kind of volunteer work.


However, I really wanted to meet a lady who did a interview for my friend
at the Hospice.


I can't never forget the day when I met Lucy (who is now Executive Director at the Chilliwack Hospice Society).


I actually don't remember what I talked with her, but I do remember the first thing Lucy said to me even before we introduced each other.


In a very casual and friendly manner,
"Oh hi! Please be careful not to step on my rabbit when you have a seat. I am an animal lover and I have my bunny somewhere here. "






I LOVED it right away ! 




I was expecting the Hospice might be more serious environment, but meeting with Lucy
made me feel at home right from the beginning.


I found out that I would be able offer Reiki treatments for the Hospice patients, but
I would have to go through Hospice volunteer training. It would be 2 times a week for 5 weeks.

I wasn't sure if I could commit myself to even go through all the trainings,
but also volunteer work at that time of my life.



So, I decided to donate some money to the Hospice Society when I make extra money (well, it sounds like generous, but it was a small amount of money...) until I would be able to share my time as a volunteer.


That's all I could do at that time. 



I kept in touch with Chilliwack Hospice Society for few years by donating small amount
of money here and there, but in 2009, I came up with an idea ! 


to be continued,,, to Hospice series 3 


No comments: