Jikiden Reiki

Jikiden Reiki is the Reiki from its birth place, Japan.
Nothing is added or amended from its original teaching from Mr. Chujiro Hayashi, one of the 20 students of Mr. Usui, the founder of Reiki.

23 Nov 2011

Distant Reiki during a Yoga class

I love Reiki.  I love teaching Reiki, and I love doing Reiki for others!


It brings me "peace" more than anything. 


One of my favourite technique of the Reiki is "distant reiki", the Reiki treatment
that is offering from home without meeting with the receiver in person.




Few month ago, I had an interesting experience with distant reiki.




I was speaking on the phone with my sister who lives in Japan.  She was just going out
for her weekly Yoga class with her husband.  But her husband did not feel like 
going out for Yoga. Not only for Yoga, but he did not even want to get out from the bed.


His demanding job was giving him major stress, and he just wanted to curl up 
in the bed and not doing anything... yes, a bit of depression.


My sister knew it would be good for him to continue the weekly Yoga for his
stress reduction, but he was not up to it.


I said,
"If you can manage to get him out from the bed and take him to the Yoga class,
I will do distant reiki for him while he is doing Yoga.  So he can receive a good
healing from inside and outside! "


She said,
"OK, I will convince him to go to Yoga with me.  Should I tell him you will be doing
a distant reiki for him?"


I said,
"It is up to you.  You can tell him, or you don't have to tell him.  What time would the
Yoga class start?"


She said,
"12:30pm."


I said,
"OK, then 5:30pm in Vancouver time."








So, off they went for their Yoga class.


I did distant reiki from 5:30pm to 6:00pm, which is 12:30pm to 1:00pm in Japan.




Few hours later, my sister called me and said,


"I did not tell him about you would be doing distant reiki, because I did not want to 
give him any pressure that he needs to stay well. But you know what ?  After the Yoga class, he said, "I feel so good! That was the best Yoga class ever!  I could focus better, and I could stay in the pose longer! I am glad I went! "  "


Then she continued,


"So, I said to him, " Is that right?  Actually, Mari was doing distant reiki for you 
during the time when we were doing Yoga.  I talked to her before the class, 
and told her that you weren't feeling so well, so Mari decided to do 
distant reiki for you. " " 




He said, 
"No wonder! That is quite amazing!"






There is a long distance between Japan and Canada.  I miss living close to my original family and old friends.




But how beautiful that distant reiki can bring the distant closer to my family. 



5 comments:

Milestone Paper Cottage said...

That is amazing, Mari!

Tamikko said...

<3 this! Makes me smile :)

Mari Okazaki said...

Thank you for the comments!

mama Char said...

After learning Jikiden Reiki from you and receiving healings from you, this story sounds just right.

I just spent the last four days with my brother Jerry, who also received a great deal of Reiki healing, I can tell you that I believe it saved his life. He is doing great, and his physician told him recently that he cannot believe Jerry survived after all that happened.

Tegan McMartin said...

how amazing! i have never heard of distance reiki... what a great story. thank you for sharing it, Mari!