Jikiden Reiki

Jikiden Reiki is the Reiki from its birth place, Japan.
Nothing is added or amended from its original teaching from Mr. Chujiro Hayashi, one of the 20 students of Mr. Usui, the founder of Reiki.

6 Dec 2010

Bunk Bed and handy man

I used to sleep in a bunk bed when I was a little girl.


I still feel excited when I sleep in a top bunk bed.


Of course, my children love to sleep top bunk.  But we have no bunk bed.


When we go to Savary Island for a family vacation at Hemingway Cottage
my children take turn to sleep on a top bunk.



By the way, we had our 2nd Savary Island Reiki & Yoga Retreat. Hemingway Cottage is the homey home to go home.

Anyways,
We are family of 5 and we have 3 bedrooms and one guest room. guest room is always open for a guest.
Two sons share one bed room, but two beds takes over the space and there is no play area.


On Sunday morning, when I was playing backgammon with my husband,
I asked my husband,


"Can you modify kid's beds into bunk bed?"
"Yes I can."
"Let's do that! TODAY!"


He said,
"Yeah, let's do that!"
"YES!"

I have to motivate him to keep moving, otherwise there will be another unfinished project !!!

"OK, here are some money to get some wood, and out you go!"

We waited, waited and waited.  Rona is just 5 minutes away, 
he should be back in 30minutes at the latest.

2 hours later.... 

YES! He really came back with some wood!!!
It's really happening !

FIrst, cleaned up the toy mess and took the bed apart.

It's a bit loud for young ears.

Extended the legs for the single bed.
The bulky bed with drawers stays on the bottom.
Place them in "L" shape to be able to
 use the space for a desk.

Wow, Lots of playing space now!

Mr. Brian the handy man.
Let's take a photo!
Yup, the youngest one is always cheeky.

Happy family around the new bunk bed !

He scraped his finger while he was building the bunk bed.

Ouch ! The scar of the hero.

Next, my daughter's room's turn!


3 comments:

Tamikko said...

looks great Mari! I love that you decided to do something and right then and there went and got it done :)

Jodi said...

Awesome!!
That's a LOT of floor space to gain!

Mari Okazaki said...

Yes Tamikko! It was a very satisfying day as my wish came true in 5 hours! I love the floor space!