Jikiden Reiki

Jikiden Reiki is the Reiki from its birth place, Japan.
Nothing is added or amended from its original teaching from Mr. Chujiro Hayashi, one of the 20 students of Mr. Usui, the founder of Reiki.

21 Nov 2010

Piano is also my teacher

I love playing piano.



I tried many things in my life. 

I did gymnastics for total 10 years, 
Mari on the beam.

I raced windsurfing for 5 years,
Mari doing windsurfing. 


I tried body building (!!!) for maybe 1 year.
This is not me. 




I am also a pretty good knitter, I learned by watching my grandma knitting everyday.


But I think piano is my longest run hobby, so far 33years, and I still enjoy it, and I will enjoy until my hands would not work.




Did you know piano is not only just a musical instrument?


For me,


It is a life teacher.




"Patient"


Piano taught me to be patient.
How?


To be able to complete one music book, I have to read the notes, transfer to fingers, then play and play until the fingers memorise which keys to hit.


No one can play perfect from the beginning.




If I be patient and trust that I will be able to play this music and keep playing, I will get there.


I applied this teaching to my life.


If I be patient and trust that I will be able to achieve my goal and keep taking action toward the goal, I will get there.






"Expression and understanding"


Piano taught me to express myself through the sound, understand the feeling through the sound.


Love and loneliness, joyful and frustration, happy and anger.


They are not only the expressions through the voice and face, it can be through the sound.




If I really put my heart to express my love through the sound, I know people will feel it.


I applied this teaching to my life.


If I really put my heart to express my love through my work, Reiki, I know people will feel it.




A month ago, I was asked to play piano from ladies who came to my place to learn Jikiden Reiki while we were waiting for other class mates.


I said "Yes, with my pleasure!"


I played.


I played terrible!


My hands were stiff, fingers were like sticks.


Rusty.....

"I was better than that!"


Motivation!

I practiced a little bit, and seems like my fingers are coming back!

Yeah !


Thank you for the motivation!

I am spending more time in front of my piano,
than the computer!




I adore this art ever since I was little.
Click here to view Mari in practice !




One of my dream is to do a fundraising mini piano concert
for Hospice Society and Schools.

If you don't mind skipping & missing keys here and there,
you are all invited !


No comments: