Jikiden Reiki

Jikiden Reiki is the Reiki from its birth place, Japan.
Nothing is added or amended from its original teaching from Mr. Chujiro Hayashi, one of the 20 students of Mr. Usui, the founder of Reiki.

12 Nov 2010

Blink for Yes Part 2 "True healer"

I usually wants to write this blog in a fun way that my children will be able to enjoy reading when they are older.  

Today, I am a bit serious.


Because, I had an amazing weekend.


But before I get into the main story, 
I want to write about my thought.


Today's blog is continued from "Blink for Yes".


There are so many people call themselves "healers", but my question is 
"Are they really healers?", and " How can they be? "


I understand other people call them "healer", but introuce themselves as "healer" questions me.


I believe that true healing occurs from inside of each person.


As long as the healing work is coming from out side, 
it is still not a true healing.


Receiving treatments like massage therapy, chiropractic, 
physio therapy, reiki, reflexology, surgery etc, etc,  is very important part of ones healing path, but I think the true healing starts at the moment  


when we realized that we are the healer for themselves,
when we realized that cured is not the only answer,
when we accepted the condition as a chance to grow,


and then, 
when we realized that 
death is part of healing,it's not the end but the beginning.




I teach Jikiden Reiki.  I offer Reiki treatments. I do massages.
But I question myself that if I can call myself a healer.


 "No." 

Not that I don't have a confidence, I have great feedbacks with my Reiki sessions and I just LOVE doing Reiki.


But if I introduce myself "I am a healer.", I feel like I put myself above from people, and I don't feel good.  I feel like I am being egoistic.


I do not call people who visits me for a Reiki session "client", I do not call people who takes my Jikiden Reiki class "student".


 If I call them "Client", I feel like I took their responsibility for their own health away from their hands.  


If I call them "Student", I feel like "How can I call them students, while I am still a student."


Maybe I feel this way because Reiki treatments come from the Universe, not me.


If this thought is right or wrong, its just my thought.


Anyways, 


 I had an amazing weekend.

It has been already 1 week, 
but still affecting me.

I hope this lasts forever, 
and it will.




I met a true healer.


For me, the true healer is the one who can heal people from their soul level without telling anything, but being an example.


True healer is the one who can make people realize to trust the Universe and everything is perfect even the life looks a bit rough.




Emily is diagnosed as Leigh's disease, it is a type of "Mitochondreal Disease". 


She is on a wheel chair, no walk, no talk, her communication is through her blink for yes, big smile, and telepathic.


Now, she discovered the way to show her love and appreciation for the people around her.


Reiki, 
the most simple, 
beautiful, 
intelligent way of 
the treatment technique.


Everyone in the world has to see Emily's big smile when she realized that its her turn to GIVE Reiki not RECEIVE.

Emily is giving Reiki treatment with her mom's support

Do you see the infinite love from her mom's eyes to Emily. 
Her mom support during the treatment while
her dad give a Reiki session for his classmate.

Using massage table to give a Reiki session can be challenging for her as her hand can reach so far.
If someone sit really close to her or put arm on her lap, it is easy for her to give reiki session.


Emily's cold hand heated up quickly during her Reiki session.


Her weak muscle tone does not allow her to move her body at all to adjust her sitting or laying position.  She needs constant adjustment by care givers, 24/7.

We complain because we can not stop coughing in the night when we catch a cold. 

Can you imagine we can not even cough 
when there is mucus stuck on our throat.


I grew up with my sister who is a down's syndrome, and I met so many people who has wonderful soul with physical challenge.


I will write about the life learning with my sister later in this blog.  


By knowing how hard would be the family with a child with physical challenge, I am just amazed by how her parents respect Emily's wish to learn Jikiden Reiki, and being there to learn with her.


Emily is the true healer, for me.




She is the one 

who can heal people from their soul level 

without telling anything, but 

being an example.





and you know what,

'I have no complains.'

3 comments:

Tamikko said...

She is so inspiring Mari. Beautiful story.

Mari Okazaki said...

Yes, she is.
I hope everyone can spend time with her for her teaching.

Bob said...

Wow, love this :) I totally agree with your idea of true healing too Mari.