Jikiden Reiki

Jikiden Reiki is the Reiki from its birth place, Japan.
Nothing is added or amended from its original teaching from Mr. Chujiro Hayashi, one of the 20 students of Mr. Usui, the founder of Reiki.

14 Nov 2010

LEGO marathon

I have three children, and they are my teachers.


This weekend of their teaching is 


"LEGO".


I took 4 full days of LEGO training with them.




For people who remembers what does LEGO look like, 
here it is.






Oh, no no no.  You are 30 years behind !!!
They are not only bricks. 




    Pegs, bars, gears, joints etc.



These are LEGO pieces, too!





My English is my second language, and I learn English pronunciation through LEGO !


My LEGO English session start soon after my children bought "Bionicle set."


I said "My son, so you really like Bio Nickle, right?  What is so exciting about Bio Nickle?"


" Mommy, it is actually called BiOOOOnicle, it's not Bio Nickle. It sounds like pickles and doesn't sound cool if you keep saying Bio Nickle."


 

 



"Oh, OK. Biooooonicle, Bioooonicle."




But the problem is that LEGO takes over our house!!!  People gave us used LEGO bins, we found from garage sales,, birthday and Christmas gifts....


LEGO everywhere ! 
Bathroom, Kitchen counter, inside of the piano,
in the bed, yes, EVERYWHERE !!!




" Yeeeeaoui !!!"



 It hurts when you step on a piece!!!







When I do vacuum clean the house, 
LEGO piece sucked up in a hose with clanking noise.


It gets TOOOOO MUUUUUCH !!!









I teach Jikiden Reiki classes in the weekends.  But when I have no plan for weekend class, either I spend time for myself or with family.

We did not have any plan for Remembarance day long weekend.  Daddy has to work most of the weekend.

"I have to get my kids going! " 


But its raining! Mountain does not have enough snow, too cold for fishing. (Neither of the choices are not for my things, though.)




"Hey Futa (my son 8years old), 
Let's do something with your LEGO."


The weekend of LEGO Marathon!


"Let's re-make all the set we have!!!"

BUT,

How can we find pieces from this pile...


Well, we separate into colours to be able to find pieces easier.


 There are simple set like this car does not take time to find pieces from the pile.

It was not too bad for the little helicopter that the propera actually spins.

Oh boy, it take 1 whole day and a half to find all the pieces for a shark that wags its tail and its mouth open and close.

I was totally "IN the LEGO marathon." 
When Mari focus on something, it never stops.
Photo captured my Mayu.


LEGO English lesson two.

"Hey Futa, can you pass me those pigs?"

"Where are the pigs?"

"Well, right there in the box, can't you see?"

"Oh, peeeegs ! Mommy, pigs are like 'oink, oink' kind animals. These are "pegs" " .

"Oh OK, pegs, pegs, pegs."



Children are perfect English teacher.

Adults tend not to correct my pronunciation because they don't want to embarrass me.

My husband does not correct my pronunciation because he think it is cute to have a little accent.

Children are honest and straight forward!  


Anyways,
It's OK, sometime mommy doesn't cook lunch or dinner, right ?   


Yes, I did not cook lunch,
plus daddy cooked our dinner.
Just because I was in a pile of LEGO!

3 comments:

Tamikko said...

I love Lego :)
Looks like you have a lot to clean up :) But it must have been so much fun to play with! Not to step on though :)

Ray C said...

I wish I had that much lego. "Sigh" Next time... you might need some helpers. :D .

Mari Okazaki said...

Thank you for the comments!
Clean up was not too bad after organizing into smaller boxes!
We will let you know for the another LEGO marathon,, if there is,,,,,.