Jikiden Reiki

Jikiden Reiki is the Reiki from its birth place, Japan.
Nothing is added or amended from its original teaching from Mr. Chujiro Hayashi, one of the 20 students of Mr. Usui, the founder of Reiki.

10 Dec 2010

Disqualified Japanese wife ?

I like sleeping.


Especially in a Yak blanket I recently bought from my Jikiden Reiki friend.




But my sister in Japan, she wakes up 5:00am and cook family's breakfast and kid's lunch.
By 7:00am, most of the family members are gone for school or work.


Me?  
7:00am ?  
Still in bed.



One of my Japanese mama friend who does catering for my Reiki classoften she wakes up 3:00am to prepare catering foods.


Me?  
3:00am ?  
Zzzzzz......


Another Japanese friend, she wakes up every day 5:30am to prepare a lunch for her husband.


Me? 
Get up 5:30am to prepare 
a lunch for my husband?

Not  a chance.  
I love my husband dearly, 
but sleep is important.


My mothers generation, the husbands were more in charge than wives.


There is a Japanese old song that discribe typical Japanese husband, released over 30 years ago.


関白宣言 Declaration of the Husband in charge
"Declaration of the husband in charge"  -My voice in pink.


"Before I marry you, listen to my  honest opnion."  -OK-
"Don't go to bed before me." -I go to bed before my husband.-
"Don't get up from the bed after me." - I often get up after my husband.-
"Cook delicious meals." - not always.-
"Be pretty always." - doing my best.-
"Accept that I am not good at my job and will not be able to support my family." -THank you for being honest. -
"Do your best on your own talent. But don't tell me what to do other than your talent." - I stay quiet ??  Sorry I can't.-


and so on.  





Boy, my mom was furious.
She said,
"What kind of song is this.  What does he think we women are! We are not slaves!"

Then she told me not to marry a man like the one in this song.  

But there used to be so many Japanese couples like this song, really. 



If I was 30 years older and married to a Japanese husband, 
I would be a completely disqualified wife!!!




The first part sounds bad, but the second part of this song is kind of sweet.


"Happiness should be built by both of us, not only one of us." -I agree.-
"You are leaving your old home. I will be only your home." - I don't want a leash.-
"After our children grew up and moved out, do not die before me." - I can't promise. -
"Do not die before me, live longer than me, even one day." - You, live longer than me!-
"I do not want anything from you, but hold my hands and bring more than two drops of tears for me when I die." -I will definetely do so.-
"I will definetely say that my life was beautiful because of you." -Awww..-
"Do not forget that you are the only my love." - Awww....-
"You are the only my love." - I love you, too, forever. - 




Then,in 1994, 25 years after the first song was released, the same singer released the new virsion of the song with different words.

The song is in minor tune and
 the husband does not have
too much power like  
"declaration of husband in charge".
関白失脚 Husband in downfall
I was confused, "Should I laugh, should I not laugh ? "


Because, if the first song is the typical Japanese couple in old days
which is not very nice, but if the second song describe the typical
Japanese couple in modern life, there is a problem, too.




"Husband in downfall"


"After I married you, I have so many thing that I want to say, but I give up to speak up."
"Can you, please, listen to my honest feeling."
"It's OK to go to bed before me, but I wish I can have some home made left over for dinner?"
"I feel lonely when I eat microwaved curry with my dog."
"It' OK to forget that I am not good at my job, but please remember I am doing my best."


"I know you are telling our children, secretly, not to become like dad."
"But look at you. How can you sleep so much.  Sleep after every meals, sleep while watching dramas, sleep after chatting with neighbours." 
"Wasting money for diet.  If you really want to lose your weight, why do you eat so much."
"Instead of telephone shopping, why don't you go out for a shopping as an excersise?"


"Well, I know that we both have some complaints."


"But I have no regret to have a family with you."
"I go to work because I want to keep smiles on my family."
" I swore myself that I can die for my family's happiness."
"Please do not doubt about it, because it is true."   

"Life does not go the way we want. But I am doing my best."


"I would be most happy if you think of me, even a blink moment, after I die."


Anyway, after all, the husbands in both songs love his wife dearly.


That's good.


After all, 
I don't know why I became 
so serious about those songs !!!

But I know, 
I am a good wife !   I think...


No comments: