Jikiden Reiki

Jikiden Reiki is the Reiki from its birth place, Japan.
Nothing is added or amended from its original teaching from Mr. Chujiro Hayashi, one of the 20 students of Mr. Usui, the founder of Reiki.

10 Dec 2010

Are you a Rock, a Tree or a Waterfall ?

We had the last Reiki Share evening of 2010 in Vancouver on Dec 7th!

photo is from the summer 2010


Oh, it was so so wonderful and I just LOVE being in the space with other Jikiden Reiki friends!


There was 17 enthusiastic Jikiden Reiki practitioners and one lucky guest!  The energy in the room was just amazing, as usual.

I don't think there is so many space that make you feel "Good" just by sitting in a room. 

I often hear from people who joined this group that energy in this group is particulary strong.

"I agree, and disagree."

I agree because I have joined many different Reiki share group, but there is something to do with this group that the energy flow is in harmony, compare with other group.


Maybe because I know everyone in this group, instead of being a stranger.

I disagree because the energy source is the same in different Reiki group, so the power of the energy should not be any stronger. 


But I know the reason !!! 



Because Jikiden Reiki practitioners are taught not to have any intention to heal others during the treatments, but we are taught to be 


無心〜Mushin」
Think nothing



Reiki practitioners who tend to think,
"I hope Reiki works for this sick lady.  I hope she feels better by my Reiki session. I am going to try hard to give her more energy."
they tend to use their own energy and deplete themselves.

Practitioner who has clear mind and are nutral and don't even think of healing work, 
they stay strong.



Reiki teaching is very much based Shinto teaching.


Shinto is a nature based teaching in Japan, and it is not a religion.

Thousands years ago in Japan, when people get sick, they go in to the nature to heal themselves.


If a sick person was living close to a forrest, they went in a forrest to find a biggest tree and lay there until they get better.
The tree branches reach out to the sky, 
and the roots grab into the earth. 
Without thinking, 
tress are exchanging energy with 
Sun and earth and purify themselves.

If a sick person was living close to the ocean, they went to the beach to find a biggest rock and lay there until they get better.
The Rocks are part of the earth. 
They charge up the energy with the Sun and 
connect themselves to the earth for
 grounding and purifying.

If a person was living close to a waterfall, they went to the bottom of the waterfall and stay there until they get better.
Rain drops are collected and make a waterfall. 
It is blessings from the Universe flowing into earth.  

These are the Shinto ways of healing.


Nature always has flow, and this flow between the Universe and the Earth is the energy for Reiki treatments. 


Healing energy does not flow out from the Reiki practitioners, but practitioners are "the pipe" between the Universe and the receiver. 


As a Reiki practitioner,

Are you a big rock that is charged up and 
radiates grounding energy ?  



Are you a big tree that is  supporting the mother earth 
with the strong roots and breathing in and out pure energy?


Are you a waterfall that collect every blessings from 
the Universe and spread the blessings to the entire earth.


I always imagine, I am a big tree that has branches reach to the every stars in the sky, and healthy roots are connected to the core of the mother earth.


It is very grounding.






2 comments:

Tamikko said...

I've always loved trees. I am a tree :)

Mari Okazaki said...

Tamikko, I am with you! I am a tree, too !