Jikiden Reiki

Jikiden Reiki is the Reiki from its birth place, Japan.
Nothing is added or amended from its original teaching from Mr. Chujiro Hayashi, one of the 20 students of Mr. Usui, the founder of Reiki.

3 Dec 2010

8 years.



I just realized that I might be going to lose 8 years of my life 
just for sleeping....


8years, a baby is born until they are in Grade 3 !!!
8 years, study to become a doctor !!! 

I am from Japan.

I live in Canada since 1999 August.

I love the beautiful Japanese culture, but I also love the Canadian life.

Why ?
I like the space between the people,

I like the free mind,

I like the sleep quality.


Before I came to Canada,
I was waking up 6:30am during the weekdays for work,
I was waking up 5:30am in the weekends to go to windsurfing.

I was going to bed usually around 12:00am, 1:00am, sometime 2:00am (after party).

Once I moved to Canada, 
all of the sudden, I started to sleep a lot.

I thought,

"I am supposed to be an early bird, I am good at up in the morning!  This has to be something with Canadian life. (or Chilliwack life)"


No noise,
No neon sign,
Not so many people use cell phones (back in 1999)
Good water !
No pollution. 

(People say Chilliwack air is deadly polluted, 
but it is nothing compare with 
Tokyo, Osaka, the big cities in Japan.)


Then I heard the TV commercial 

"Sleep country Canada! Why buy your mattress anywhere else!"


With my poor English understanding skill, I thought,

"Awww,,,  That's why!  Canada is a Sleepy country!" (not understanding the commercial at all.)


Even now, I wake up with my children, and sometime stay in a bed longer than my children. 

8~10 hours sleep, yeah!

Without the proper 8 hours sleep, I am a useless dysfunctional zombie.






But I know many people who can function great with only 5 hours sleep.


     8hours - 5hours = 3 hours


     3 hours x 365days = 1095hours = 45.6 days


     I would be 1.5 month per year behind from 5 hours sleepers.




If I sleep 10 hours / day which makes me very happy and super functional.


     10hours - 5 hours = 5 hours


     5hours x 365 days = 1825 hours = 76days


     I would be 2.5 month behind per year from 5 hours sleepers.




This sounds bad enough.




But if I live another 40 years, and if I keep 8hours sleep, I would lose 4.99year in total.


But if I keep 10hours sleep, I would lose 8.3years in total.




8.3 years !!!



The years from a baby is born until he is in Grade 3 !
  

       
1day old                to                     8 years old
  


In 8 years, AthensBeijing, and London Olympics!










Now,


Do I keep the 8.3 years of sleep and feeling healthy.
Or Do I stay up 8.3 years to get more things done but being a useless zombie.

Tough decision.


What would you do if you are given extra 8 years in your life ?



No comments: