Jikiden Reiki

Jikiden Reiki is the Reiki from its birth place, Japan.
Nothing is added or amended from its original teaching from Mr. Chujiro Hayashi, one of the 20 students of Mr. Usui, the founder of Reiki.

20 Jul 2023

Restless Days

Facebook post on June 28, 2023

I say,
"I'm going back to Japan!"
"I've returned to Japan!", only to realize every day that Japan has become a foreign place for me. In fact, I find myself delighted over something as ordinary as "being able to speak Japanese!"




Even so, little by little, I'm starting to feel somewhat accustomed. There are moments like,
"I managed to go to that supermarket without using Google Maps!" or
"I made a automatic payment without any fuss!" or
"I called a local electrician/plumber, and they came to fix the water leak!"

I found myself surprised that a real human answers a phone at the first pick.

It's these kinds of things that make me rejoice at every little step. Such a tiny joy.

Last year, I came to the Goto Islands for a preliminary visit. I said,
"I won't know until I see it for myself."
This year, I came to live on the Goto Islands. I said,
"I won't know until I live here myself."


I met some people when I came for the visit last year, and I was able to meet them again. I'm truly grateful for how kind they are, really, really grateful.


They even brought me a used electric kettle, saying,
"Can you make use of this? Oh, by the way, I thinned out some carrots and made tempura with the carrot leaves to share with you. Please take the plate as well."
I think it's cool; the world of giving ”leaf tempura with thinned carrots.”



In the middle of these unsettled days, I find such kindness touching.
When I practiced Reiki, the time for Reiki was a calming meditation-like time. But now, without anyone to practice Reiki with, I'm rediscovering just how much I loved Reiki.

Is anyone who would like to have a reiki? 

No comments: