Jikiden Reiki

Jikiden Reiki is the Reiki from its birth place, Japan.
Nothing is added or amended from its original teaching from Mr. Chujiro Hayashi, one of the 20 students of Mr. Usui, the founder of Reiki.

25 Jul 2023

A Change of Pace: Sightseeing and Intense Humidity

Facebook post on July 3rd, 2023 

Before I knew it, a whole month had already passed since I arrived in Japan.

I arrived on June 12th in Goto, and since then, I've been busy with paperwork and organizing my new/old house.

I want to settle down, but considering that my youngest son is only staying for a month, I want to make sure he has a good time. It would be boring if all we did was cleaning and shopping. So, I'll put aside the thoughts of "relocating to Goto" and switch to a tourist mindset.















There are plenty of workshops and experiences to enjoy, such as glassblowing, glass crafts, knife-making, and paper-knife crafting. Disneyland might also be fun, but I would rather spend money on these kinds of activities.




However, the humidity is intense!

Was Japan always this humid? Even 23 years ago when I used to live here, was it like this?

I came in June to acclimate to the weather before it gets hot, but I didn't consider the rainy season. Rain, rain, and more rain. And it's not just the misty rain like in the Chilliwack area; it pours down heavily. The thunderstorms are intense too.
I wonder what will happen if a typhoon comes...


Cellphone lens fogs up with humidity.

The humidity is at 98%, it's so damp that it feels like it's just 2% away from turning into water!
I want to let fresh air in, but as soon as I open the window, nearby papers start curling up. When I pick them up, they bend over like wet paper. Even the dishes I wash don't dry over night when I leave them out!


I can't figure out the right time to do laundry. Even when I hang it out, it doesn't dry.
How does everyone manage?

I can't remember what I used to do in the past.
In Canada, even if it's raining outside, if I air dry them indoors, they become crisp overnight. But the way laundry dries here is not quite the same. I'm not sure if it's dry or not just by touching it.

I forgot about the Japanese rainy season.

Indeed, thanks to the humidity, my skin feels smooth and moist..


No comments: