Jikiden Reiki

Jikiden Reiki is the Reiki from its birth place, Japan.
Nothing is added or amended from its original teaching from Mr. Chujiro Hayashi, one of the 20 students of Mr. Usui, the founder of Reiki.

16 Jul 2023

I arrived safely in Japan

Facebook posted on June 4th 2023 
A few days ago, I arrived safely in Japan!


23 years ago, after leaving Japan and establishing myself in Chilliwack, my sister's home became a place for me to return to.
Although I could only go back every 2-3 years for a short period, my sister's house is a place filled with countless childhood memories for my sons.
But this time, it's a little different from the usual homecoming.
In December 2021, I started feeling the desire to live in Japan once again. I have a sense that there are unfinished matters, things I can learn more about, and something I can leave behind for my sons. Such feelings welled up within me. With various emotions in my heart, I made the decision.
Chilliwack, where I lived for 23 years, can be called my home. Leaving behind a place of stability and contentedness, with many friends, where my family is, and a place that nurtured my soul, required considerable courage.
A mixture of excitement and nervousness. It feels similar to when I first landed all alone in Canada 23 years ago. Although I had no idea about the future, I was strongly convinced to start an entirely new life. It's the same feeling.
Certainty in uncertainty.
To create a place where the rest of my family can gather next year, I want to start by establishing the foundations of my life in Japan.
While I left behind three men, it looks like things are going well so far.
These 3 dinner plates bring a bit of tear to my eyes.


No comments: