Jikiden Reiki

Jikiden Reiki is the Reiki from its birth place, Japan.
Nothing is added or amended from its original teaching from Mr. Chujiro Hayashi, one of the 20 students of Mr. Usui, the founder of Reiki.

3 Sept 2012

Sunflower


There is one beautiful sunflower in my back deck.  Actually, it WAS beautiful, now it is becoming dry.

I could have put it in a vase and enjoyed on my kitchen table, but I wanted to have
seeds from this particular flower, so I decided to keep it in a soil until it will produce some seeds.





 One year ago, I have been given this sunflower seeds from Emily's family at her celebration of life service. 
Emily is a very special person whom I'm fortunate to know even for a short time. If you would like to know about Emily, please visit "Blink for Yes" .

 
 There were about 10 seeds in one bag. I decided to plant 7 seeds in small planters, but only one survived.  Some were eaten by the snails, some didn't even come out.  There was one other plant that did really well but couldn't have a flower.

 
 One windy day, I did not realize that the wind knocked the plants down. Accidentally, I stepped on one plant when I was hanging laundries.  The plant didn't look well after I stepped on it, and I thought it wouldn't make it.

 However, it was one of only two that survived, and I really wanted to save its life !  I tried Reiki on the plant, I put lots of soil to cover the 'injured' part, and it started to do well !

 


It looked like 
"I almost didn't make it, but I found the way! I am going towards the light !"


 I wished I put more support so then this little plant will grow stronger and would have had a flower. But one windy day, it snapped... (tears,,,) 


So, the last hope is this beautiful sunflower.


My kids named this flower "Emily".
When the leaves are wilting, they would say
"Mommy ! Emily is thirsty !" as if she is part of our family or pet. 


When the seeds were given to us, there was a message on the bag

”Growing Hope”
Its not what you gather but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.


I would love to grow Emily's message bigger.  I am so looking forward to having lots of seeds coming from Emily's sunflower for next summer! 



Sunflower is my favourite thing, and I have few good life stories around sunflowers.



I will share with you, next time :) 

 

No comments: