Jikiden Reiki

Jikiden Reiki is the Reiki from its birth place, Japan.
Nothing is added or amended from its original teaching from Mr. Chujiro Hayashi, one of the 20 students of Mr. Usui, the founder of Reiki.

7 Dec 2011

Jealous

Jealous.


I think jealous is one of the worst negative emotion that we can have. It can cause
unnecessary arguments and misunderstanding.



Jealous happens, because one thinks the other one is better or has more.




It happens because one compares with others.


I always make a point to my children,
"If you constantly compare yourself with others, you will be either jealous and
miserable because you have less than them, or you will be snobby because you 
have more than them. So focus on what you have and be grateful, OK?"




I'm not sure if they understand or not, but I hope one day they will understand.




I think,,,





Jealous happens because you are forgetting what you have.
Jealous would not happen if you learn how to look at the positive side, I think.








Life is not a competition but contentment.




Just my thought :) . 

3 comments:

Dhana said...

Jealousy and envy are such poisonous emotions arent' they? I know most of us struggle with them often. the whole "competition"thing is so insidious in our culture. I was reading yesterday about a big yoga competition in Texas, and it made me very sad. Thanks for posting Mari

Meg Torwl said...

yes gratitude is definitely the way! comparing is so futile our lives are so different and we can have so much without seeing it ( : nice timely reminder post at this time of year (:

Mari Okazaki said...

Thank you Dhana and Meg for the comments! I have never heard of "Yoga Competition", it sounds odd.
Yes, gratitude!