Jikiden Reiki

Jikiden Reiki is the Reiki from its birth place, Japan.
Nothing is added or amended from its original teaching from Mr. Chujiro Hayashi, one of the 20 students of Mr. Usui, the founder of Reiki.

13 Jul 2011

Share my hair

I have a long hair.  Well, I HAD a long hair.




My hair became so long because I could not find a good hair stylist 
in Chilliwack, the farm town where not so many Japanese live.




When I first time came to Canada in 1999, my hair was short, and I wanted to maintain
my short hair. 


 But every time when I went to get a hair cut, I came home with a big
disappointment!  After the few attempts, I came to the conclusion that 


"The Canadian hair stylists are not used to cut the Asian hair ! "








Every hair stylist in Japan said, my hair is so soft and very easy to handle and 
I always satisfied with the hair cut in Japan. 




But compare with caucasion's hair, Asian hair is coarse hair.  If stylist hasn't been trained with Asian hair, they have very hard time to make it stylish.





I became afraid of going to the hair cut, and thought it is safer to let it grow longer 
than get a hair cut.




For about 6,7 years, I always have long hair and I did not get any hair cut last year!






One day, my friend who had a long hair got a hair cut.  I asked her

"Why did you get a hair cut ?"

She said,
"I donated my hair."

"BINGO~! My heart rang !"

That's it !  I am going to do it !


I have no idea that I could donate my hair!

I researched about the hair donation, and there are few rules.

- No perm
- No colouring
- at least 9 inches
- less than 10% of grey hair


Well, I passed everything!  I have no perm, no colour, I have 17 inches to donate, and no grey hair!






I hope my hair will help to make one more wig for people who 
lost their hair because of the chemo therapy, 
or the hair loss illness called Alopecia.  







2 comments:

Tamikko said...

You are obviously so happy in that picture. I just love your smile. Made me smile too. Very happy for you, you look great!!!

Mari Okazaki said...

Thank you Tamikko for the comment ! Yes, I am happy !