Jikiden Reiki

Jikiden Reiki is the Reiki from its birth place, Japan.
Nothing is added or amended from its original teaching from Mr. Chujiro Hayashi, one of the 20 students of Mr. Usui, the founder of Reiki.

3 Feb 2011

Brown rice homemade yeast


I bake bread once a week.  Just because I LOVE fresh baked bread !!!


When I was flipping through some Japanese recipe book, I found that
there is a lady who makes "home made yeast" and then bake bread with
the home made yeast.

She said that only ingredients are "brown rice, honey and water".




" Woa, homemade yeast ???  I want to try. " 




Sounds so simple, let's try!


Soak 1 cup of brown rice in a water. Change the water everyday.
At this time, I do not know what will happen.

I noticed that the rice are getting whiter.  
The one in the left is soaked for 2 days,
the one in the right has not been soaked.
 At the 3rd day, I noticed a tiny little bump on each grains!
It was the same joyful moment when I just found out,


"I'm having a baby !!!" 

Little bump.

Growing !!!

A proud parent takes baby's photo.
"My baby ! "

Look!  It is really growing !  5th day.

Once the shoots reached to 2~3mm, add 4 cups of water and 1 cup of honey.
Put all together in a blender.

Pour it is a container and let it sit in sunshine. Keep the lid loose.
Shake the container once a day.


But I just could not put all of them in a blender, so I kept some in a separate container
to see what will happen.

I am curious.


Look at the long shoots!!!


Brown rice is alive !!!  


It will never do with white rice!!!


I think I am going to eat more brown rice than white rice from now on.  I trust that for us to be able to feel alive, we need to eat more alive food.  


In fact, Japanese people eat rice everyday it is because people believe that the Japanese rice (short grain rice) holds the most pure energy from the Universe.

See?  We need lots of water to grow rice.
As you can see, rice farm needs lots of water. 
Water comes from rain. 
The rain comes from the clouds.  
In old Japanese teaching, clouds are the highest place and god can only be above 
the clouds.  
So, rain is considered as the blessings from the Universe, god, creator, source, whatever you call.  
That makes the rice contains lots of blessings from the Universe.
That's why Japanese people respect rice.


I usually talk about this when I do Jikiden Reiki class, and people are very fascinated
by this fact !  






Anyways,
I am just waiting to see if the home made yeast will work for baking breads. 


But I am already happy that I happen to find out that brown rice is really alive food!




Those babies that left in a separate container are now in a soil to see if it really grow into brown rice...




To be continued.




2 comments:

Tamikko said...

love this! I knew only the brown rice is alive and will sprout but I didn't think of making your on yeast. I can't wait to see your results.
I make bread a couple times a week and love the smell too. I would love to have a more home-grown yeast that has got to be healthier.
Great blog Mari :)

Mari Okazaki said...

Than you for your comment, Tamikko! I am now more enjoying looking at the green sprouts in a soil! I have not try bake bread with this yeast yet, soon to be come!!