Jikiden Reiki

Jikiden Reiki is the Reiki from its birth place, Japan.
Nothing is added or amended from its original teaching from Mr. Chujiro Hayashi, one of the 20 students of Mr. Usui, the founder of Reiki.

29 Oct 2010

Cultural shock


I went to my daughter's grade 1 class to help out the craft time.

Subject of the craft at this season is, of course,



Halloween.



I grow up in small town called Nagasaki, Japan, from kindergarten to high school.
After graduated High school, I went to Tokyo to learn Health and PE at Tokyo Women's College of Physical Education. Spent 4 years in Tokyo, and came back to this small town, Nagasaki. I love this town.



Back then, a small town like Nagasaki, did not have too much influence from Western culture. So I did not grow up with Halloween.


Anyways,


When I started a family, I tried every thing to avoid Halloween for my kids, because of the amount of candies !!! One time, I even planned a trip to Japan with my children around the Halloween, so then they did not have to receive so much candies.



Oh boy, when they realized that they would miss the Halloween, they did not like the idea at all !!!



OK, I realized that this is parental ego.



I am in a country where children look forward to going trick or treating as much as they look forward for the Christmas! I should let them have fun !




Back to today's story.


Cultural Shock !


Kids are all in some sort of costumes, make ups, in a school, in a class, while teacher is teaching.


Well this would not happen in Japan !!!



It was so much FUN to see all those little children are in a costume and trying to study at the same time !!!


There was a little witch trying to teach Harry Potter to design a pumpkin.


Woody and another witch are being creative.

A bunny's smile.
This is my daughter.


Even a teacher is dressed as a Witch !!!


Well, let me show you the Japanese Grade 1.


They go to school together, line up nice and neat.
They all have a same school bag called, lando-sel.
You get to choose black or red.


Swimming class in a summer time. They have to
take a dreadfully cold shower before get in a pool.
Kids call this shower, "Shower of the hell."


Their lips turns blue...



At the end of the school time, in a class room.



Now I know both school system, Japanese and Canadian.



They are both wonderful in their way.




I like the Canadian ways to let the kids be kids.




I like the certain discipline of Japanese way.




No comments: