Jikiden Reiki

Jikiden Reiki is the Reiki from its birth place, Japan.
Nothing is added or amended from its original teaching from Mr. Chujiro Hayashi, one of the 20 students of Mr. Usui, the founder of Reiki.

16 Aug 2023

*Story of My Son's Incredibly Cool Taiko Drum Debut*

So, I went to the Tomie Festival.

We moved to Gotō on June 12th, and since the beginning of July, my son has been participating in the Wokou Taiko drum group run by the Tomie Bara Mon Society.

He comes home from practice every week looking so excited, so I thought,
"Maybe I should join too."

When I said that, my son replied,
"Wait until the festival so you can see it at the Tomie Festival." So, I waited.
After a month and a half of practice, yesterday was his debut.
I secured a spot in the front row to watch. ...🥁








So cool...
The vibrations of the drums resonated throughout my body, and seeing my son playing the drums, it brought back memories of the past two months and even reflections on life itself.
It's a five-minute video, so if you're interested, please check it out on YouTube:
And to wrap it up, there were fireworks.
A summer tradition that my late mother loved. Underneath the fireworks, I could almost hear my mother's voice, excitedly exclaiming, "Beautiful, beautiful!"

It has been 23 years since I last saw Japanese fireworks, and it truly made me happy!
It was a day that touched my heart.


No comments: