Jikiden Reiki

Jikiden Reiki is the Reiki from its birth place, Japan.
Nothing is added or amended from its original teaching from Mr. Chujiro Hayashi, one of the 20 students of Mr. Usui, the founder of Reiki.

20 Jul 2023

The Modern Life's Foundation: Wi-Fi

Faebook posted on June 21, 2023

Well, it has been a week since I arrived on Goto Islands. It's been a whirlwind of days, going to the city hall multiple times to obtain my residency certificate, and multiple visits to an office to arrange my mobile phone contract, only to be sent back multiple times, then trying to sign up online and getting rejected.

Things just don't seem to be going smoothly. However, amidst all this, there are some positive things happening.

When I was preparing to move into my new residence, I thought to myself that if I couldn't get a mobile phone contract, I should at least secure Wi-Fi.

So, I contacted the local "Goto Television" in advance and requested,
"I'm moving on XX date, could you please arrange Wi-Fi connection on that day?"
Unfortunately, I didn't receive a response, and the moving day arrived. Until then, I had been able to use the Wi-Fi at my temporary accommodation, so I managed to stay in touch. But for the new place, all I knew was that the electricity and water services were already set up with the basic fees, and it seemed that gas could be connected right away. I had no idea whether Wi-Fi would be available in that area.

Why am I so anxious about Wi-Fi? I'm clearly suffering from a modern ailment.

It feels like cutting off the umbilical cord that connects me to the world, severing my lifeline.
What should I do? What should I do?


Renting a Wi-Fi router would take time because it's an isolated island. If I were at my old home in Chilliwack, I would have friends there, and if anything happened, I could walk to the neighbors and manage somehow. But now, right after moving, I don't even know who lives next door.
Well, it's natural to feel anxious, but still, I'm anxious!


With such worries weighing on my mind, I arrived at my new home, opened the windows, and made a shopping list to gather the essentials.

As I was about to drive out the drive way, a car with "Goto Television" written on it came from the other direction.
"Oh, that company! I was planning to go to the office today (since I don't have a phone, all communication must be done in person), and now they're here. I'll ask them some questions. I'll be right back!"
I hurriedly stopped the car and called out,
"Excuse me! I was just about to go to Goto Television's office, but I saw your car. When I reserve Wi-Fi, does it connect immediately?"
The person responded,
"Well, we need to check the house's connection and such, so we won't know if it can be done right away or if installation is required."
"It's that house right there. Could you please take a look? I just moved in today."
"...Ah, are you Ms. Okazaki?"
"Huh? Yes?"
"We have a reservation for Okazaki-san today. I think we contacted you by email. Was today okay? If you're going out now, we'll have to reschedule."
"No! Yes! Please do it today, right now! I didn't receive the email, but if you can do it now, please do!"


Phew! If I had gone shopping a little earlier, it would have been a disaster! I say "I'm lucky! I am guided after all! (And I quickly become optimistic.)

Moving to an unfamiliar town and a new home is shaking my heart more than I imagined, but in moments like this, I feel a sense of being protected.

That's the story for today.

P.S. By







the way, I have a phone number now, yay!


No comments: