Jikiden Reiki

Jikiden Reiki is the Reiki from its birth place, Japan.
Nothing is added or amended from its original teaching from Mr. Chujiro Hayashi, one of the 20 students of Mr. Usui, the founder of Reiki.

25 Jul 2023

Little by Little

Facebook post on July 16, 2023

Since moving to the deep, deep mountains of Yamashita District in Fukue Island, Gotō Islands, on June 12th, it has been just over a month.
Oh, my official residency registration was on the 15th, so exactly one month! I've heard that the 15th is a significant day or something.
Congratulations
to Mari-chan on her one-month anniversary!


There's a lush forest behind my place, and when I listen carefully,
I can hear the sound of the sea - a soft whooshing sound.

And then, there are unfamiliar sounds like the songs of birds,
such as nightingales and the buzzing of cicadas,
the chirping of birds, and the rustling sound of crabs walking.


It's a struggle with unfamiliar humidity and temperature, and the battle against mold.
Living in an old traditional house is a daily learning experience.


I realized this house is filled with so many dishes and things.
It must have been a house where people gathered.
It reminds me of the house I grew up in on Kamishima, Nagasaki.
It would be fun to make it a place where people gather again 🙂
I am truly grateful for the connection to this house.


Little by little, it's becoming my space, gradually getting comfortable.

When I wake up in the morning, I see the wide-open tatami room right in front of me, and it feels so Japanese. When I wake up alone in the morning apart from my husband, I feel like showing this tatami room to him.



I gaze the room for a while, I get up whenever I want, go for a morning run, and work on cultivating the backyard garden a little bit every day.


Create a life that I want for myself - I might have never done that before. Such a huge change. It seems the human brain perceives change as pain, so feeling anxious is natural as I realize now that this change is quite significant.
However, I still feel that I was born as a Reiki practitioner whever I go! To be able to assist anyone at any time, I've set up a room dedicated to giving treatments!




If any of the neighbors around here have back pain or shoulder stiffness, chronic illness, I can help them feel better!

I wonder how I should let them know about it.

That's all for today 🙂

No comments: