Jikiden Reiki

Jikiden Reiki is the Reiki from its birth place, Japan.
Nothing is added or amended from its original teaching from Mr. Chujiro Hayashi, one of the 20 students of Mr. Usui, the founder of Reiki.

23 Feb 2014

Japanese style certification


In the last post, I wrote about Iemoto system for Japanese traditional art.


I was thinking back about the time when I was learning Sado (Tea Ceremony), 
and dug out few certificates that were given by my Sado teacher.



Back then when I received these certificates, it was sort of "normal" to 
receive it in this traditional way.   


I failed to see its beauty then, but as I am looking at the Japanese culture 
from outside of Japan, now I realize that the Japanese traditional way to give 
certificate is just so beautiful and also meaningful !!! 



So,,, here are the certificates that I received from my Sado teacher.

***I asked my Sado teacher if I can show my certificates to the people who are enjoying 
    my Reiki writing and she gave me a permission. 
    






From right, Nyumon certificate (entering level), Konarai certificate (beginner level), Chuden certificate (middle level), then Chabako certificate (tea ceremony set in a carry box --- well, put simply, a picnic tea ceremony).




 Each certificate is wrapped in a Japanese washi paper.


Unwrap the wrapping, and you will find a folded certificate.



Everything is beautifully hand calligraphied on washi paper.
Here are what's written in this certificate above.
From the right
     Certificate of entering level
     We have recognized that you have been learning Tea Ceremony
     with passion and earnestness, and here we certify you as a Entering Level
     Tea Ceremony practitioner. (something like that in old Japanese writing)

     Dai Nippon Chado Gakkai Honbu (Head of Japan Association of the Tea Ceremony)
     Founder Sen-ou Tanaka
     Date Heisei 8th year (1996), February, Good day
     Issued to Ms. Mari Okazaki


I am sure that Jikiden Reiki followers have noticed that there is a definite similarity in this beautiful way of giving certificates. 

    -The soft, strong, beautiful, creamy coloured Japanese washi paper.
    -Hand calligraphy with properly ground ink-cake.
    -Orangy red colour stamps 
    -Thin papers to prevent from the stamp ink to transfer
    -Folded in few section
    -Issued and mailed from the head office to teachers, and teachers give to the student





I would say Jikiden Reiki isn't JUST a Reiki school, but it has the Japanese culture deeply woven into the Reiki teaching. That's what I really like about ... 



  Although, usually, a certificate is just a paper work that recognize that one     
  accomplished the certain level of practice. Beautiful certificate doesn't make 
  you a better person and it doesn't mean that one can't practice without 
  the certificate. 


   However, I think it is wonderful to receive a certificate in this beautiful  
   and respectful manner.... It shows the teachers respect to the students and their
   commitment to the teaching by spending extra effort to the each process.    
   Because of this respect in the each process, the spirit and the passion of the 
   teaching in both teachers and students can be a long lasting , if not, forever.... 
   I think...




By the way,,,,
The Tea Ceremony style that I had learned called 
Dai Nippon Chado Gakkai (Japan Association of the Tea Ceremony). 


There are many schools of Sado, but this particular school is a very innovative and open minded school. Unlikely the strict style with Iemoto system which often see in the Sado world, this school is one of the only Sado school which is very open to the public to be more accessible to Japanese people without being restricted. They believe that Japanese people need to have better access to the Sado culture, and learn the true Japanese spirit through the Sado. 



They have 5C mottos as a Chajin (tea ceremony practitioner) and teach the practitioners to bring this motto to the daily life.  

   1. Courtesy - Be sincere and polite in any situation as a Chajin.
   2. Cooperation - Be willing to work as a team with Chajin spirits.
   3. Communication - Keep smiling, listen and answer with heart.
   4. Challenge - Be creative, and don't be afraid of the challenge.
   5. Cultivation - Always aim to the one step forward, and polish ourselves.


We as Reiki lovers are taught to live with the five principle in daily life.

   Just for today  
   Do not be angry 
   Do not worry
   Be grateful
   Do your duties fully
   Be kind to others




These 10 teachings between Sado and Reiki have such a important essence 
to be a good human being! 





Well, I shall do my BEST ! 




No comments: