Jikiden Reiki

Jikiden Reiki is the Reiki from its birth place, Japan.
Nothing is added or amended from its original teaching from Mr. Chujiro Hayashi, one of the 20 students of Mr. Usui, the founder of Reiki.

18 Apr 2011

Reiki class or lunch party?

As you know, I love Reiki.


I love teaching Reiki, I love doing the Reiki treatments, and I love the way Reiki brings wonderful people into my life and we shine, glow, and grow together.


When I teach Jikiden Reiki, I always recommend people to come back again to review
 the class.


Especially for the people who learned Reiki or even the concepts of energy healing for the first time.  I think the second class is the time we really start to understand what is Reiki.


I have been learning with Mr.Tadao Yamaguchi since 2006.  I have taken his class for 2 times as a participant, and 5 times as an interpreter.  But I still learn new things every time!


It is because there are different people in a class, and people ask different questions and share different experience. 




Anyways, when I teach Jikiden Reiki class at my class in my Reiki room in sweet home, there are always few people who learned in a past who want to review the class.  


When I started to teach Reiki class, I found that the lunch time is a fun time to get to know each other, especially having review people, it made the lunch time even more fun!




Conveniently, one of my Japanese mama friends started to do catering meals, so since 2008, I have been asking her to cook lunch and desert for my Reiki class, and it has been so wonderful !




I love food.   Luckily, I don't have any food allergy.




I love food too much, and I don't think I can ever pursue a vegan diet, vegetarian diet, micro-biotic diet, low carbo diet nor raw food diet. I eat fairly healthy, but I just don't like any restriction around the food, and I simply want to enjoy the eating time, especially the food that is provided from other people !!!




Masako, my friend who caters lunch for the Reiki class, cooks such an enjoyable food everytime!!!


Last weeks menu was salmon chowder with a bun bowl.  


When she cooks soup for the lunch, she usually bakes big size buns, and we use the home baked buns as soup bowls.  That itself is already impressive!




It came with a unique side dish this time. A smoke salmon roll with mushed potato.
Smoke salmon roll with mushed potato.
Unique combination and it was yummy !
Pumpkin salad with penne.


 
She always makes delicious dessert!!  Maybe not good for people who are trying to lose some weight or watch their diet, but hummmm it is yummy!


The dessert for this time was a Matcha cake. There is a sponge cake in the bottom, covered with fresh cream and then covered with Matcha cream. Matcha is a green tea power that is used for Japanese tea ceremony.
Matcha cake : Green tea cake 




People who took my Jikiden Reiki course in a past, they know the food is good.






I wonder if they are coming for Jikiden Reiki class, or to enjoy the food ?







No comments: